Friday, January 21, 2011

Miscarriage Stories

One way I was able to work through some of the sadness of my miscarriage was to talk to other women who have had one, or read their stories.

My sister had a late miscarriage at 20 weeks at one point, and we discussed the differences. She told me, she felt worst for me because I would never know what happened, what the baby was, etc. I in fact felt worst for her, because she did know, she got to name him, and had him cremated and had a picture, all (for me) a far bigger reminder that it happened.

My cousin had two miscarriages in early pregnancy and while she was upset, she didn't take it the same way I did, she was able to move on much more easily but reminding herself it wasn't a baby yet. I guess the thought that the baby had a heart beat and was alive was for me enough to say it was my baby. We are all different.

Either way she told me, she often looks at the child she had after the miscarriage and thinks if it hadn't been for that miscarriage, she wouldn't have this child. That put a whole different spin on it for me, and gave me cause to be excited for a future pregnancy.

When I didn't get enough stories from friends and family I went online to search for miscarriage support. I found that most forums were ghost towns and what I really wanted was a chat room or instant message to discuss it with someone. I only found websites that detailed other peoples' stories though, and it surprised me that they were very helpful. Crying with their stories (and mine combined) helped me get through the sadness and anger I felt.

With that in mind I wanted to start sharing some links to other stories of miscarriage. Here is the first link I would like to share, bookmark this post and come back often to get more links:
http://blightedovum.kokopuff.net/stories.html

No comments:

Post a Comment